I feel for students. Really, I do. I know you worked the late shift the night before and then woke-up early for an 8 a.m. class. You’re exhausted and so you should be. By the time you get to my afternoon class, you are officially fried.
Here are 5 Ways to Relax During Class:
- Keep it cool – studies show that cooler temperatures allow the body to relax. Optimize air flow by choosing a seat by a window or an air vent. Ditch the coat, pop a few buttons and slide off your shoes.
- Keep it comfortable – to release tension, you’ll need to stretch and flex those muscles. Create your own space by rearranging desk options to meet your body’s maximum circumference.
- Keep it quiet – put those earbuds to work by pumping through 30 minutes of mindful meditation. Block out the cacophony of class with the relaxing sounds of nature combined with instructional breathing.
- Keep it hydrated – herbal remedies? How about lavender tea? Come on, everyone is doing it.
- Keep it on your desk – the syllabus, that is and make sure to check the grade distribution. If your class requires class participation, scratch steps 1-4. Sit up straight, dislodge the earbuds, shut the window and chuck the tea. It’s time for class!