Just in – an early morning email from a student, asking if he should shave before his interview. In case I was on the fence, he included a pre-shave-selfie. I voted for the shave. He agreed and the beard ended up in the sink. I’m ignoring the fact that this conversation probably occurred while he was in the bathroom.
I’d like nothing more than to provide airtight advice in this blog such as – always shave before an interview. But then I got to thinking. Is there ever a reason not to shave before an interview?
TOP 7 REASONS NOT TO SHAVE BEFORE AN INTERVIEW
7. You’re bald
6. Your shaven face causes children to scatter
5. The job entails driving at high speeds away from a bank
4. It matches your Abe Lincoln stovepipe hat
3. It covers up your Mike Tyson tattoo
2. The ad said, “bearded lady wanted”
1. You’re Santa!
Thanks to two more of my students (below) who agreed to show off their beards for a shave or not shave vote. Let us know what you think. Should these beards be front and center during an interview??